Feeling like Jerry...or may be Tom

I have discovered a new pet peeve!!! I live in my Grandparents somewhat old rental house. That means I get to enjoy the perks of arched doorways, glass door knobs and wooden floors. On the down side, the cabinets in my kitchen have been continually popping open. This problem was initially solved when my Grandpa adjusted the magnets on the inside of the cabinets a little. Now, however, they have reverted to their old tricks! (Hence my title). When I close one cabinet, another will pop open whether I slam it or gently close it. I feel like I am playing a never ending game of cat and mouse. Especially in my current state of allergy-induced mental fog, it is a very irritating scenario. I find myself with a hand on one door with a foot on other door as I try to get them both to stay closed at the same time. Most of the time, I have to sit back and laugh at the humor of what I must look like. This humor does not diminish my frustration in the least. I am sure I will find some kind of solution to this dilemma. For now, I will just have to suffer through this cat and mouse game and be thankful in the mean time that I really don't have an actual mouse to worry about.

2 comments:

hahaha! awe, this made me smile. you poor girl! I would like to submit that we need a vacation!

I completely agree!!! I need to get away from this nasty cold and my crazy house :)

Post a Comment