While I Wait

For some reason, the topic of waiting has really been on my mind. It seems that it is the theme of my life for this season. Strangely, I have become quite content with waiting. I think that waiting used to really bother me because to me it was always synonymous with inactivity. I have found this to be completely untrue with my relationship with the Lord. When He is having me wait in one area, He is stretching and perfecting me in another. The song that is running through my head is the song "While I Wait" by John Waller. Here are some of the lyrics:

I'm waiting I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

The things that I hope for, wait for are in the Lord's hands and on His time table. Sure it gets tough being patient sometimes, but I truly think that the best things in life are worth waiting for. The things that I hope for such as a family of my own, being debt-free, or pursuing further education can become quite the burden to carry if I am trying to make things happen on my own. Right now I am learning that I can rest in the Lord and trust that He knows what it best. I am slowly getting to the point where I want my desires to match His desires. (Even if it ends up requiring sacrifice.) The peace that comes from letting things go is so worth it. And while I'm waiting, I will worship....

2 comments:

Oh wow! I was totally just writing in my journal earlier about waiting. :) wow. I love it that you and I seem to have parallel lives sometimes. :)

Waiting has really been a theme in both of our lives as of late hasn't it? Also the fact that we are both struggling with colds, bummed legs..... :D

Post a Comment